Kids are important to us at SOMA Church Community. During our weekend worship service we provide a fun and safe program for Nursery (ages 6 months - 3), Pre K (age 3 and potty trained) - 1st, and 2nd - 6th Grade. You can expect that your kids will:
- Celebrate God by singing: Nursery and Pre K in their specific classes and the 1st-6th graders with the adults for the first part of "big church" (worship service)
- Engage in an age-appropriate & God-centered Bible lesson
- Play games together
- Participate in hands-on learning activities
- Learn together the weekly Fighter Verse (memory verse) - click here for the weekly verse
- Bring home a review page/parent page explaining the main idea(s) of each weeks lesson
- And just have an all-around great time
This summer our PreK-1st grade class is going to work through Play-n-Worship. It’s a fun curriculum with irresistible songs and simple object lessons make teaching Bible truths like, well, child’s play.
The 2nd-6th grade kids will be using Quick Picks this summer. Each unit has four lessons and we will work through two units this summer. Friend Me -being a good friend God’s way – is our first unit. It helps elementary kids explore what it means to be a true friend--like Jesus is to us through engaging experiences, powerful video, and impactful discussions. Family Feud – God’s guide for getting along – is the second unit. The kids will discuss the importance of living in harmony with their families.
If you have questions about our kids program, please call the church office or send an email to: info (at) somachurch (dot) us.