Here are some of the scriptures, websites, and resources used in preparation for this message.
This list is not intended to be exhaustive but to show how the scritpures view life and specifically life pre birth.
- Genesis 1:27 - God made humans in His image and this is where the significance of life begins
- Genesis 25:23 - the scriptures speak of the unborn as persons (nations too!)
- Luke 1:41; 44 - the Greek word Brephos is used of John the Baptizer while still in his mom's womb
- Luke 2:12 - the Greek word Brephos is used of newborn Jesus
- Luke 18:15 - the Greek word Brephos is used of young kids coming to Jesus
- Psalm 139:13-16
- Jeremiah 1:5
- Exodus 20:13 (cited in Matthew 5:21; 19:18; Romans 13:9)
- 1 John 1:9-2:1 - God is a forgiving and gracious God
These are four good places for a Christian and Biblical view of the abortion issue.