The Forgotten God
We highly recommend Francis Chan's book, Forgotten God: Reversing our tragic neglect of the Holy Spirit. This book was very helpful for Pastor Paul in the preparation of this message.
Jesus told His disciples that it was a good thing He was leaving. They struggled with that idea and we probably would too. But look at why He said it.
- John 14:1-6
- John 14:16-18
- John 16:7-11
Do we take Jesus at His word about this?
Two commands to wrestle with:
- Do not quench the Spirit (1 Thessalonians 5:19)
- Do not grieve the Spirit (Ephesians 4:30)
Some questions for application:
- Are you afraid of the Holy Spirit ruining your life?
- Are you quenching or grieving the Holy Spirit? In what ways? Confess and repent!
- Will you take Jesus at His Word that it is GOOD that the Holy Spirit has come?