An Introduction to Judges
February 8, 2015 Speaker: Paul Ortlinghaus Series: Judges: Fallen & Messy People; Faithful and Merciful God
Topic: Book Passage: Judges 21:25
Tim Keller notes six main truths about God that the writer of Judges wants us to learn and live by.
- God relentlessly offers his grace to people who do not deserve it, or seek it, or even appreciate it after they have been saved by it.
- God wants lordship over every area of our lives, not just some.
- There is a tension between grace and law, between conditionality and unconditionality.
- There is a need for continual spiritual renewal in our lives here on earth, and a way to make that a reality.
- We need a true Savior, to which all human saviors point, through both their flaws and strengths.
- God is in charge, no matter what it looks like.
Here is the famous "Judges Cycle"
More in Judges: Fallen & Messy People; Faithful and Merciful God
June 7, 2015We Need a Savior-King
May 31, 2015The Consequences of Doing Religion My Way
May 24, 2015Samson: God is faithful in spite of our faithlessness