A picture of the church standing firm
January 15, 2017 Speaker: Paul Ortlinghaus Series: Philippians: To live is Christ
Topic: Book Passage: Philippians 4:1–9
The apostle Paul gives five challenges that make up a picture of the church standing firm, a "beautiful mosaic portrait":
- Pursue like-mindedness with other true believers (4:2-3).
- Rejoice in the Lord (4:4).
- Be known for gentleness (4:5).
- Relieve daily anxiety through prayer (4:6-7).
- Think on praiseworthy things (4:8-9).
More in Philippians: To live is Christ
January 22, 2017Contentment & God's Provision
December 4, 2016The Pursuit of our Future Hope
November 27, 2016The Pursuit of Knowing Jesus