The New Community: Life Together
February 5, 2023 Speaker: Paul Ortlinghaus Series: A Firm Foundation: Following the framework for transformation
Passage: Acts 2:42–47
In Acts 2:42-47 we see the "New Community" devoted to several things including "the fellowship" - which meant doing life together.
Pastor Tony Merida offers the following questions for assessing our commitment to the fellowship.
- Do you have fellowship with God through Jesus?
- Are you working at building deep relationships with others in the church?
- Could it be that you love the idea of community more than the actual people in your church?
- Are you complaining about a lack of community rather than asserting yourself to serve and love others in your congregation?
- Do you show up to events and meetings faithfully?
- Do you arrive early enough to interact with people on Sunday, or are you a ninja, slipping in late and excusing yourself before the service ends?
- Are you involved in others’ lives throughout the week?
- Are you sensitive to the needs of your brothers and sisters?
- Are you grateful for them? Have you told them about what they mean to you?
(From Tony Merida, Exalting Jesus in Acts, Nashville, TN: Holman Reference, 2017, 43.)
More in A Firm Foundation: Following the framework for transformation
January 29, 2023Pray First, Talk Second
January 22, 2023Prayer God Loves to Answer
January 8, 2023Living on God's Word in 2023 (part 2)