SOMA Gathers Worship Service
Every Sunday until January 31, 2021
10:30am – 11:30am
Location: 2485 Morse Road, Sebastopol, CA 95472
Please join our outdoor worship service under a beautiful Redwood Grove in Sebastopol for the fall.
The Grove allows for families to stay together on a picnic blanket or in beach/camping chairs, while remaining 6+ feet away from other families in a natural setting.
Here is what you can expect:
- Please park in the easement on the way to 2485 Morse Road. You will see Greeters and Signs.
- Please bring beach chairs or a picnic blanket for your family.
- Since we are outside, masks are only required if you can’t maintain 6’ distance.
- We WILL have a porta-potty and hand washing station.
- We won’t be able to pass offering so please continue to give online.
- We can’t provide self-serve food/drink but you can be certain we will have a FABULOUS snack that we will serve with gloves and masks on the server after the service!
- Please ignore the chickens and don’t feed them anything but bugs or frogs.
- Children have to remain in the care of their family which we know will be difficult for many so here are some ways we want to help:
- the service will be an hour or less (the Order of Worship is updated on Thurdays)
- the service will be informal like at Christmas so noisy kids/babies are welcome
- feel free to bring a snack or picnic lunch for kids to enjoy during the service
- COVID has forced everyone to have to “accept” screens and that includes at church! Feel free to let your kid watch/play on a screen during the service. No one will be judging anyone!
Perhaps we feel similar to the apostle John when he wrote,
“Though I have much to write to you [or many virtual meetings to participate in], I hope to come to you and talk face to face, so that our joy may be complete” (2 John 12).
We will livestream the service for those who can't join us.