What does it really mean to glorify God?
Topic: Topical Passage: John 15:8
If you are interested in reading more on subjects covered in this sermon, please consider the following books. Both would be well worth your time.
Towards the end of this sermon, Pastor Paul talked very practically about what it looks like to experience spiritual transformation in our lives. He was very inspired by a message that John Ortberg gave at the National Leadership Conferences of the EFCA in summer 2010. Click here to listen to that message (right-click to download and save).
Pastor/author/blogger Kevin DeYoung recently posted 20 Biblical ways you can glorify God (click here to see his blog):
- Give God verbal declarations of praise (Rev. 4:8-9).
- Live a life of noticeable piety (Matt. 5:16; James 1:27; 1 Peter 2:12).
- Ask God for things in Jesus’ name (John 14:13).
- Bear fruit and show yourself to be a disciple of Jesus (John 15:8).
- Declare the truth about Jesus (John 16:14).
- Love your life less than God (John 21:19; 1 Peter 1:7; 4:16).
- Worship God as God (Rom. 1:21).
- Live a life of sexual purity (1 Cor. 6:20).
- Live a life of generosity (2 Cor. 9:13).
- Rejoice in God’s glory displayed in creation (Psalm 19:1).
- Do the works of faith (2 Thess. 1:12).
- Use your gifts in God’s strength (1 Peter 4:11).
- Make sure everyone knows you’re not God (Acts 12:23).
- Live a life of gratitude (Psalm 50:23; 2 Cor. 4:15).
- In matters of liberty, seek the good of others (1 Cor 10:31).
- Extend grace to sinners (2 Cor. 8:19).
- Be a part of a local church (2 Cor. 8:23; Eph. 3:20-21).
- Tell God you are wrong and he is right (Josh. 7:19; Jer. 13:16; Rev. 16:9).
- Obey God (Lev. 10:3; Mal. 2:2).
- Go from a Christ-despiser to a Christ-worshiper (Gal. 1:24).