The Church Jesus Said He Would Build
Topic: Church Passage: Matthew 16:13–16:20
"Who do you say that I am?" - Jesus
In Matthew 16:13-20 Jesus poses the above question, and the answer leads to Jesus speaking of the church he would build. In fact, the church Jesus said he would build...
- flows from his identity and
- confesses his identity
Here are some helpful questions for reflection and evaluation (adapted from Karl Vaters):
- Who is Jesus to you (individually)?
- Who is Jesus to all y'all (the church corporately)
- Who is Jesus, as seen in the Bible?
- How does your picture of Jesus compare to the biblical portrayal of Jesus?
- What does this picture of Jesus tell you about what His church should look like?
- What might you need to change about your picture of Jesus and His church?