The Church Jesus Said He Would Build
January 10, 2021 Speaker: Paul Ortlinghaus Series: Stand Alone Sermons
Topic: Church Passage: Matthew 16:13–20
"Who do you say that I am?" - Jesus
In Matthew 16:13-20 Jesus poses the above question, and the answer leads to Jesus speaking of the church he would build. In fact, the church Jesus said he would build...
- flows from his identity and
- confesses his identity
Here are some helpful questions for reflection and evaluation (adapted from Karl Vaters):
- Who is Jesus to you (individually)?
- Who is Jesus to all y'all (the church corporately)
- Who is Jesus, as seen in the Bible?
- How does your picture of Jesus compare to the biblical portrayal of Jesus?
- What does this picture of Jesus tell you about what His church should look like?
- What might you need to change about your picture of Jesus and His church?
More in Stand Alone Sermons
November 27, 2022Jesus Plus Nothing Equals Everything
October 30, 2022The Word of the Reformation
October 31, 2021The Reformation and Justification: Our Alien Righteousness